About the Fremantle Society
The Fremantle Society has, since its beginning in 1972, sought to improve the quality of life in Fremantle while seeking to protect the existing unique built and cultural heritage.
Aims and Objectives
- To give responsible voice on matters affecting the overall character and development of the Fremantle area.
- To encourage the improvement of the Fremantle area as a desirable residential and commercial district whilst retaining its unique character.
- To encourage the retention and restoration of buildings of historic and aesthetic value.
- To encourage the preservation of the natural heritage of the Fremantle area.
- To ensure that the new development complements established patterns, is of high architectural and aesthetic standards, and serves the long-term interests of the area.
- To foster the development of the area as a major cultural, educational and entertainment centre.